16/03/2013

Better late than never...

Although sometimes that's not as good as it sounds :-)

Unfortunately work commitments have prevented me from doing what I like, which is making things (even though I make things at work :-/ ) but the time has come to start getting ready for Salute. Fortunately most of the work is done so its just a few finishing details, a set of castle walls, a few more building bases and we're good to go.

I've been working on and off on three new bases to go with the ones I already have. I'll also be borrowing some commission ones that I made a while ago from a very nice chap to fill the spaces.

These three bases are more high end merchants house/shops and this is evident from the high proportion of tiled roofs. About half of the buildings are from my catalogue and the rest are scratch built using the same technique and style as the masters from the catalogue ones.

There are still a few details to go at the front, like stalls and benches but they are pretty much there. I didn't really take any wip pictures and until mobile blogger allows you to put pictures in the post content rather than at the end we'll just have to have them at the end.

More to follow on a regular basis as the big day draws closer.

ttfn





6 comments:

  1. Some of the best terrain for the genre/period I've seen. Great work! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better never than late!!!

    Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks chaps :-)

    Hopefully more to follow tonight or tomorrow

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work here. Definitively going to have to borrow some concepts.

    what do you use for your tiled roofs? I have been trying to find something like that for a while.

    ReplyDelete